Subject: Re: devel/zlib question - exclusion
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/07/2005 15:11:05
On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> To reiterate this. Both zlib and libiconv are builtins on DragonFly. For
> both, the system libraries (libz and libc) are used. A build of any
> package depending on them still wants to install them as dependency,
> without actually needing them as binary package. Let me write it the
> other way around, the binary package *doesn't* depend on devel/zlib or
> converters/libiconv, but they are still installed, when building.
>
> Can this be fixed?

I don't see for unzip:

leaf:/unused3/reed.jail/home/reed/pkgsrc/archivers/unzip> bmake show-all-depends-dirs
devel/libtool-base devel/gettext-lib devel/gmake archivers/unzip

leaf:/unused3/reed.jail/home/reed/pkgsrc/archivers/unzip> bmake show-var VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.zlib
yes

And no iconv package needed for fontconfig:

leaf:/unused3/reed.jail/home/reed/pkgsrc/fonts/fontconfig> bmake show-all-depends-dirs
devel/gettext-lib textproc/expat graphics/freetype2 devel/libtool-base
devel/gmake fonts/fontconfig

leaf:/unused3/reed.jail/home/reed/pkgsrc/fonts/fontconfig> bmake show-var VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.iconv
yes

Any examples?

  Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/