Subject: partial pkgsrc updates (was: Re: squid is not building)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/07/2005 10:39:03
Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Okay, as several people have indicated to me, doing a full cvs update
> of pkgsrc fixes this. Sorry for the noise...

What did you do exactly? "cvs update category/package" in the hope it
would work?

As this problem has affected more than just a few users, it would be
nice to know to the developers how these kinds of failures can be
prevented and what the users are assuming about how pkgsrc should be
updated.

I don't think package Makefiles should have
NEEDS_PKGSRC_INFRASTRUCTURE=2005-09-06T14:23 lines in it, but that would
prevent issues like this. ;)

Roland