Subject: Re: Curious deprecated option handling
To: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@in-nomine.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/04/2005 21:56:24
On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 08:26:03PM +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
> -On [20050904 12:35], Dieter Baron (dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at) wrote:
> >  True, but I think the effort is be better spent on converting the
> >remaining packages than improving the deprecation code (which will be
> >unused once all packages have been converted).
>
> Reread my original post again since you missed what I said initially.  The
> pkgsrc INFRASTRUCTURE (pkgsrc/mk) is defining these, not the package.  Thus
> it will ALWAYS fail.

  I'm well aware of that.  However, the warnig will only be printed
for packages supporting an option.  I agree that the handling is
sub-optimal, but I think fixing it is not worth the effort.

> And then try to find said option mentioned in the pkg or its dependencies.

  If a legacy option warnig is printed for an option not supported by
a package (if that is what you imply -- according to my test that is
not the case), then that is a bug that should be fixed.

						yours,
						dillo