Subject: Re: Curious deprecated option handling
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@in-nomine.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/04/2005 20:26:03
-On [20050904 12:35], Dieter Baron (dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at) wrote:
>  True, but I think the effort is be better spent on converting the
>remaining packages than improving the deprecation code (which will be
>unused once all packages have been converted).

Reread my original post again since you missed what I said initially.  The
pkgsrc INFRASTRUCTURE (pkgsrc/mk) is defining these, not the package.  Thus
it will ALWAYS fail.  Try it for fun:

for file in `find /usr/pkgsrc -name options\.mk`
do
	cd `dirname $file` && bmake show-options 2>&1 >> /tmp/options.log
done

And then try to find said option mentioned in the pkg or its dependencies.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://www.andf.info/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
We're walking this earth.  We're walking this shining earth...