Subject: gnome2-terminal (2.10.0) "crashyness"
To: , <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: David H.Gutteridge <dhgutteridge@sympatico.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/04/2005 01:43:41
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered some weirdness with the
gnome2-terminal (2.10.0 is what I'm using), when I open multiple instances
of it, at random the instance I just opened goes black (while it's initializing)
and all the others go blank.  If I wait a bit, there's no change, and when I try
to close the last one I opened, I get prompted to force closure (this is under
Gnome 2).  After I accept force closure, all the other terminal instances also
close.  (I'm not talking about tabs within gnome terminal, by the way, I mean
separate windows.)

It appears somehow the states of each instance become intertwined, which is
contrary to what I'd expect.  Not sure why this would be happening, it's
very annoying.  I'm using 2.1_RC3/i386, by the way.

Any suggestions would be welcome,

Dave