Subject: Re: Malformed conditional && solaris
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: MLH <mlh@goathill.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/31/2005 22:44:33

> > ===> Creating toolchain wrappers for py24-qt3-sip-4.2.1
> > /bin/sh:
> > /usr/local/pkgwork/x11/py-qt3-sip/work.loonquawl/.buildlink/lib/pkgconfig/xextensions.pc:
> > cannot create
> > *** Error code 1
>
> That is caused by something else. I just had same problem with kdelibs3 on
> Dragonfly:
>
> ===> Creating toolchain wrappers for kdelibs-3.4.2nb1
> cannot create
> /home/reed/pkgsrc/x11/kdelibs3/work/.buildlink/lib/pkgconfig/xextensions.pc:
> permission denied
> *** Error code 2
>
> I did a bmake clean and tried again and it worked. I don't know what
> changed yet.

I never did discover what was causing this, but in the process of
examining it, it started working and py-qt3-sip built/installed/packaged.

Only two things I can imagine that might have affected this :

1) I purged the local WRKOBJDIR for this machine. I had taken a
cursory look earlier but didn't notice any packages outstanding,
but possibly something was left over from some other package that
was affecting this. Maybe see if that works.

2) several different machines share pkgsrc via nfs and two others had
outstanding builds going on. All but one was using
OBJHOSTNAME?= yes # use work.`hostname`
so it created 'work' dirs instead of work.`hostname` dirs. I cleaned
all of those out and moved that one last machine to work.`hostname`
Possibly something wasn't correctly examining OBJHOSTNAME and was using
a 'work' dir instead of the work.loonquawl dir (but wasn't py-qt3-sip).

I did manage to make a list of the outstanding work dirs for the
other machines before I cleaned them up.  Maybe you see something
here:

databases/libgda/
databases/libgnomedb/
databases/shared-mime-info/