Subject: Interix 3.5 on Win2k3 + pkgsrc - can't get past bootstrap
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Joshua Coombs <jcoombs@gwi.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/31/2005 14:23:24
I'm trying to setup pkgsrc on top of Interix 3.5, fresh install, which
is running on 2003 server.  bootstrap segfaults early on.  Poking
around, it appears to fail inside check_prog.  If I manually set the
locations of the binaries it's looking for in the env ahead of time,
bootstrap will go past this point and fail with the following:

===> Building libnbcompat
===> running: (cd work/libnbcompat; /bin/sh
./configure -C --prefix=/usr/pkg --sysconfdir=/usr/pkg/etc && make)
configure: creating cache config.cache
configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh ./config.sub
Memory fault (core dumped)
===> exited with status 139
aborted.

So, getting more frustrated, I just pulled down the latest binary
pkgsrc install for Interix and threw that on.  That lets me run bmake,
but it randomly cores during builds as well.  I've run Interix before
with pkgsrc and had a much easier go of it.  I don't get what I've
done differently to break things.  I've tried clean installs of
Interix and gotten the same results, so I'm not sure what to try next.

Any suggestions on how to continue diag/debug?

Joshua Coombs