Subject: Re: devel/zlib question - exclusion
To: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@in-nomine.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/30/2005 12:33:09
Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

> So if another pkg needs zlib it will use the builtin.mk in devel/zlib to
> determine if the pkg needs to be built or not?
> In the first case it will generate a pkg, in the latter it will not generate
> a pseudo-pkg for this.  Correct?

If another package needs zlib, pkgsrc checks if we prefer the native or
pkgsrc zlib (PREFER_NATIVE & PREFER_PKGSRC), and based on that, it will
either go see if the native zlib is good enough or it will build and
install the zlib package.  Whichever one is eventually chosen to be
used, buildlink ensures that the correct headers and libraries are used.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>