Subject: override MASTER_SITES and using local directory
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/24/2005 17:29:25
Is there any way to override the MASTER_SITES (such as on a one-time
basis) without editing Makefile?

I'd like to set something like:
OVERRIDE_MASTER_SITES=ftp://ftp.example.foo/..../distfiles/

Or is there any way to make it always use MASTER_SITE_BACKUP?

I have a few sites that are slow or closing a lot and don't want to edit
Makefile.

Also, it may be nice to allow having multiple local distfile directories.
I am using a system that has three distfile directories that are not
shared, but do have some distfiles I could use. Instead of manually making
symlinks for files, it may be useful to have some pkgsrc setting for
defining a that multiple distfiles directories are available to look in
(but only store in one if downloading).

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/