Subject: Re: x11/Xfixes fails to build on Solaris
To: None <segv@netctl.net>
From: Gilles Dauphin <Gilles.Dauphin@enst.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/22/2005 16:05:23
> From: segv <segv@netctl.net>
>
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:09:57 +0100
> segv <segv@netctl.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:33:31 +0200 (CEST)
> > Gilles Dauphin <Gilles.Dauphin@enst.fr> wrote:
> >
> > > put this line in mk.conf
> > >
> > > PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/usr/pkg/lib/pkgconfig
> > >
> > > Gilles
> >
> > Thanks, that fixed the problem. Just out of interest, why does it fail on
> > Solaris and needs this fix, and not on NetBSD? I mean is it just a temporary
> > problem with that package that will be fixed, or do I need to keep the above
> > variable in mk.conf for all future package builds on Solairs?
>
> OK, this is strange, I was testing it again, so I removed all the packages and
> started building them from scratch:
>
> Building x11/Xfixes does not automatically build x11/fixesext, which I think
is
> an error. And as expected x11/Xfixes then fails with

I think too.

The libXfixes is in Solaris 10 , (I can't find it in Solaris 9):

[root@redhot 214] ls -l /usr/openwin/sfw/lib/libXfixes.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin        17148 Jan 23  2005
/usr/openwin/sfw/lib/libXfixes.so.1*
[root@redhot 215]

 The missing fixesext.pc must be build via pkgsrc/x11/fixesext.

There is minor diff between S10 and pkgsrc when installing fixesext:

[root@u2 229] !diff
diff /usr/pkg/include/X11/extensions/xfixeswire.h
/usr/openwin/include/X11/extensions/xfixeswire.h
30c30
< #define XFIXES_MAJOR  2
---
> #define XFIXES_MAJOR  3
62a63,64
> /*************** Version 3 ******************/
> #define X_XFixesExpandRegion              28
64c66
< #define XFixesNumberRequests              (X_XFixesChangeCursorByName+1)
---
> #define XFixesNumberRequests              29
[root@u2 230]
[root@u2 237] diff /usr/pkg/include/X11/extensions/Xfixes.h
/usr/openwin/include/X11/extensions/
31a32,38
> /*
>  * This revision number also appears in configure.ac, they have
>  * to be manually synchronized
>  */
> #define XFIXES_REVISION       0
> #define XFIXES_VERSION        ((XFIXES_MAJOR * 10000) + (XFIXES_MINOR * 100) +
(XFIXES_REVISION))

65c72,73
<     char          *name;                  /* Version >= 2 only */
---
> #if XFIXES_MAJOR >= 3
>     const char            *name;                  /* Version >= 3 only */
66a75
> #endif
81c90,92
<     char          *name;
---
> #if XFIXES_MAJOR >= 3
>     const char            *name;                  /* Version >= 3 only */
> #endif
92a104,107
> #if XFIXES_MAJOR >= 3
> int XFixesVersion (void);
> #endif

166a182,188
> #if XFIXES_MAJOR >= 3
> XRectangle *
> XFixesFetchRegionAndBounds (Display *dpy, XserverRegion region,
>                           int *nrectanglesRet,
>                           XRectangle *bounds);
> #endif

182c204
< XFixesSetCursorName (Display *dpy, Cursor cursor, char *name);
---
> XFixesSetCursorName (Display *dpy, Cursor cursor, const char *name);
184c206
< char *
---
> const char *
191c213
< XFixesChangeCursorByName (Display *dpy, Cursor source, char *name);
---
> XFixesChangeCursorByName (Display *dpy, Cursor source, const char *name);
193c215
< #endif
---
> #endif        /* XFIXES_MAJOR >= 2 */