Subject: x11/Xfixes fails to build on Solaris
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: segv <segv@netctl.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/13/2005 20:15:11
Hi, I was trying to build www/firefox packages from recently updated pkgsrc on
Solaris 10, it failed when trying to build x11/Xfixes with the following
message:

checking for fixesext >= 2.0... sh: gnome-config: not found
sh: gnome-config: not found
Package fixesext was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you
should add the directory containing `fixesext.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
environment variable No package 'fixesext' found configure: error: Library
requirements (fixesext >= 2.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so
pkg-config can find them. *** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /opt/pkgsrc/x11/Xfixes
===>
===> There was an error during the ``configure'' phase.
===> Please investigate the following for more information:
===>      * config.log
===>      * /opt/pkg32.obj/x11/Xfixes/work/.work.log
===>
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /opt/pkgsrc/x11/Xfixes
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /opt/pkgsrc/www/firefox
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /opt/pkgsrc/www/firefox

Looking at Makefile it seems that x11/Xfixes depends on x11/fixesext, however
x11/fixesext WAS NOT built and installed automatically, before building
x11/Xfixes. So I built and installed x11/fixesext from pkgsrc and ran 'bmake
clean' and 'bmake package' in x11/Xfixes again, but I got the same error
message as above.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks