Subject: gettext broken on IRIX
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Stuart Shelton <stuart@zeus.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/10/2005 11:39:02
I've already reported this as a bug, but I was wondering if anyone on the
list had any thoughts on how I might fix it - most packages depend on
gettext at some point, so I'm very limited until I overcome the problem.

(Yes, I could download the binary package - but I'm trying to build from
source only)

The problems I'm hitting with gettext-0.11.5 are:

cc-1054 cc: ERROR File = po-lex.c, Line = 517
   There are not enough arguments in a macro invocation.
                     po_gram_error (_("invalid multibyte sequence"));
                                                                   ^
cc-1054 cc: ERROR File = po-lex.c, Line = 544
   There are not enough arguments in a macro invocation.
   incomplete multibyte sequence at end of file"));
                                                 ^
cc-1054 cc: ERROR File = po-lex.c, Line = 554
   There are not enough arguments in a macro invocation.
   incomplete multibyte sequence at end of line"));
                                                 ^
cc-1054 cc: ERROR File = po-lex.c, Line = 935
   There are not enough arguments in a macro invocation.
     po_gram_error (_("invalid control sequence"));
                                                 ^
cc-1054 cc: ERROR File = po-lex.c, Line = 1043
   There are not enough arguments in a macro invocation.
                                            _("end-of-file within string"));
                                                                          ^
cc-1054 cc: ERROR File = po-lex.c, Line = 1049
   There are not enough arguments in a macro invocation.
                                            _("end-of-line within string"));
                                                                          ^

6 errors detected in the compilation of "po-lex.c".
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Cheers,

 	Stuart