Subject: Re: pkgsrc on case-insensitive filesystem?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/09/2005 00:55:49
On 8/9/05, Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com> wrote:
> On Aug 8, 2005, at 6:22 PM, Georg Schwarz wrote:
>=20
> >> devel/CVS and devel/cvs.
> >
> > if this is the only one I suggest we should rename devel/cvs to
> > something
> > like devel/cvsapp or similar.
>=20
> There's another one (p5-something-Japanese-related, IIRC), too.
>=20
> To make it possible to do checkouts on case-insensitive filesystems,
> we'd have to rename these packages directly in the repository, which
> isn't a nice thing to do for other reasons.
>=20
> I'd love to see this resolved sooner rather than later, but I think
> we'll have to wait until such time as we switch to some other source
> control system to take care of it properly.
>=20
> Which case-insensitive filesystem are you stuck with, and on which
> platform?

I don't see why cvs doesn't provide (at least the last time I looked
at it) an option to change the name of its control directories.
Couldn't we come up with a patch to do that for the affected systems?
(No, not volunteering now...)

--=20
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/