Subject: Re: pkgsrc on case-insensitive filesystem?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/08/2005 18:43:51
On Aug 8, 2005, at 6:22 PM, Georg Schwarz wrote:

>> devel/CVS and devel/cvs.
>
> if this is the only one I suggest we should rename devel/cvs to
> something
> like devel/cvsapp or similar.

There's another one (p5-something-Japanese-related, IIRC), too.

To make it possible to do checkouts on case-insensitive filesystems,
we'd have to rename these packages directly in the repository, which
isn't a nice thing to do for other reasons.

I'd love to see this resolved sooner rather than later, but I think
we'll have to wait until such time as we switch to some other source
control system to take care of it properly.

Which case-insensitive filesystem are you stuck with, and on which
platform?

- Amitai