Subject: Re: how do I install to site_perl with new pkgsrc perl (5.8.7)?
To: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
From: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/07/2005 17:25:44
On 8/7/05 17:12, walt wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 16:34 -0400, Mark E. Perkins wrote:
>
>>I don't understand what could be wrong here, but using the new perl
>>5.8.7 I cannot get anything to install to site_perl. The usual
>>incantations of... <snip>
>

> I can see you know more about perl than I do -- but I just
> finished upgrading perl and my p5* packages with no problem.
>
> After I upgraded perl to 5.8.7 I then re-installed each p5*
> manually with a 'make replace clean' and it all Just Worked.

Correct. All the p5-* packages (i.e., the ones managed by pkgsrc) have
gone without a hitch. It's the ones outside the control of pkgsrc that
are giving me a problem.

Before this update to perl, both pkgsrc-managed and not-pkgsrc-managed
modules were installed to site_perl. As I understand it, one of the main
accomplishments/advantages of this update was to be able to segregate
the two. And I guess they are *literally* segregated, but I was
expecting something a little different than what I'm getting... ;)

Mark