Subject: Re: [announce] pkgmanager - testers/feedback wanted
To: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/31/2005 19:06:53
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:42:17 +0200
Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just committed 'pkgmanager' to pkgsrc-wip (wip/pkgmanager). It
> is an initial version of a package manager for pkgsrc. The main
> attraction is the capability to perform upgrades incrementally.
> In other words, if packages B depends on package A and A is upgraded,
> package B is not removed. Instead, package A is upgraded and then
> package B is re-built with the new dependency.
>
> Anybody interested is encouraged to give it a shot; feedback is very
> welcome. Especially if bugs/issues are discovered.

Really cool Peter, thanks for your work. Looking at your package I
suggest some changes:

* Don't use mkdir, use INSTALL_{DATA,PROGRAM,MAN}_DIR instead.
* Don't use INSTALL, use INSTALL{DATA,PROGRAM,MAN} instead
* Don't use BUILD_DEPENDS for gmake, use USE_TOOLS+= gmake.
* Lines with no more than 80 chars if possible.