Subject: Re: Unneeded dependencies on MesaLib
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Schleifer <js@h3c.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/25/2005 02:45:38
Adam <adam@albedo.art.pl> wrote:

> The important thing is, X11 and Mesa are not the only one OpenGL
> implementations around.  I would like to see pkgsrc using OpenGL
> framework on Mac OS X (where I manually disable MesaLib dependencies,
> like in SDL), and I believe IRIX has it's own set of libraries as
> well.

Hm, I don't know MacOS X nor IRIX, but if they have libGL.so as well it
should be easy:
Just check if libGL.so exists somewhere in the library path and use
that one if so, otherwise build MesaLib.

> Any suggestions here? Would mk/opengl.buildlink3.mk be better than an
> opengl meta-package?

Hm, an OpenGL meta pkg would be also an idea. You could select which
framework to use with the PKG_OPTIONS. Then simply a dependency on the
real framework is made, and on X11 it's just another empty pkg. I guess
that would be even better than having gl.mk :)

--
Jonathan

--
Jonathan