Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/AiSSLtelnet
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/19/2005 15:55:39
On Tue 19 Jul 2005 at 13:46:43 +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Actually, on FreeBSD 5+ you get an error when trying to include it.
> Heck, malloc has been living in stdlib.h since at least ANSI C.
> I fully agree that it must be fixed upstream and not hacked around by
> creating a fake header. Worst case is running a sed-script over the tree
> for large packages like OOo.

I have co-inherited maintenance for a project where the configure script
went out of its way to find some kind of malloc.h. It even liked
<sys/malloc.h>. Since that is a kernel header file, that didn't work
very well on NetBSD. I cursed my predecessors and their Linux mentality
appropriately.

> Joerg
-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.