Subject: Re: pkg_add OS mismatch
To: None <ghen@telenet.be>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/18/2005 10:57:16
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Hm.  Looking at the output of "pkg_add -v zsh" (in attachment), I noticed
> some failures on files being created in /var/tmp.  I symlinked /var/tmp to
> /tmp (as I usually do but forgot in this machine), and now it works fine.
> What could have been wrong?

I'm not sure what exact errors you mean. The only things I see are like

 	ftp> nlist zsh /var/tmp/pkg.00570a
 	pkg_add: nlist failed!

at the start, which are normal - you probably ran "pkg_add zsh", and
pkg_add will try a number of names to find the binary package then - zsh,
zsh.tgz. zsh.tbz and finally zsh-*.t[bg]z to match anything including a
version number. (The result of the latter match is then scanned more
closely for more specific matching of pkg patterns, but that is done in a
seperate step after the 'nlist' command in FTP gave a first list).

So what you see there is normal behaviour, no errors involved.

  - Hubert