Subject: Re: is building suse91 on a non-COMPAT_LINUX kernel supposed to die gracefully?
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/17/2005 21:23:56
On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 07:36:08PM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> On my current-i386 system, where I had recently changed the kernel
> config, I forgot to enable COMPAT_LINUX and tried to rebuild
> meta-pkgs/suse91. I have a kernel trace where the build sets the clock
> to the epoch and then loops for a while.
>
> Is that supposed to happen?

It is a known problem - the Linux binary is then run as if it were
a NetBSD binary, and end up calling settimeofday() since that
matches on some syscall number present in the Linux binary.

AFAIK there is an open PR for this one.

Jaromir
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-