Subject: Re: Pending perl changes
To: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/16/2005 14:16:11
Mark E. Perkins wrote:
> On 7/15/05 22:05, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
>>
>>2 of those errors are the result of pkgsrc modifications to MakeMaker
>>that prevent the automatic creation/update of perllocal.pod.  The last
>>error is probably the sigaction one which has been around for a while,
>>at least on NetBSD.
>

> Is there a mechanism to bypass these modifications? I actually like
> perllocal.pod because it gives me a (simple) record of the modules that
> I installed myself. Something like 'pkg_info | grep p5' tells me what I
> want for modules installed by pkgsrc, but I have many modules that I
> installed directly....

When installing your own modules, you can run "make install doc_install"
instead of just the normal "make install" and it will generate a
perllocal.pod entry.  However, note that this only works for modules
that use MakeMaker -- modules that use Module::Build (of which there
appear to be an increasing number) have never updated perllocal.pod.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>