Subject: Re: Pending perl changes
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
From: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/16/2005 12:53:07
On 7/15/05 22:05, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 01:13:54AM +0000, Geoff Wing wrote:
>
>>Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org> typed:
>>: I'm going to be committing my massive Perl changes next week.  I've
>>: attached a diff of lang/perl5 for people that want to look it over
>>: and test it.
>>
>>1) Had 3 failed tests.  Will reproduce if required.
>

> 2 of those errors are the result of pkgsrc modifications to MakeMaker
> that prevent the automatic creation/update of perllocal.pod.  The last
> error is probably the sigaction one which has been around for a while,
> at least on NetBSD.

Is there a mechanism to bypass these modifications? I actually like
perllocal.pod because it gives me a (simple) record of the modules that
I installed myself. Something like 'pkg_info | grep p5' tells me what I
want for modules installed by pkgsrc, but I have many modules that I
installed directly....

Thanks,
Mark