Subject: Re: is building suse91 on a non-COMPAT_LINUX kernel supposed to die gracefully?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/15/2005 16:26:13
On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 10:55:25AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 09:46:05PM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> >   2557 ldconfig emul(netbsd)
> >   2557 ldconfig execve("/usr/pkg/emul/linux/sbin/ldconfig", 0xbfbfe754,
> >   0xbfbfe764) JUSTRETURN
>
> The question is why /usr/pkg/emul/linux/sbin/ldconfig is accepted as a netbsd
> ELF binary. What does file /usr/pkg/emul/linux/sbin/ldconfig say? Is there
> a .note* in the output of objdump -x?

This might be the same problem I run into on DragonFly. SuSE made a stupid
mistake and attached two notes of type 1 -- the real .note.ABI-tag and another
note with the SuSE version number. It might simply hit the wrong note first.
I've talked with the developer about that, it will most likely be fixed in
the next version. Until than it might be the easiest way to just match it
like a Linux signature. Of course, this guess might be wrong :-)

Joerg