Subject: Re: distfiles/.cvsignore and packages/.cvsignore
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/13/2005 23:45:24
Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> If I have distfiles/.cvsignore and packages/.cvsignore -- each contains
> a line with just '*' -- 'cvs update' on pkgsrc complains that there's a
> conflict and I should move my files away.  If I delete them, the exact
> same file is recreated by the update process, and the next update
> returns to the original message.  Is there anything that can or should
> be done about this?  (If it matters, I'm running -current.)

You might try to move both directories out of the pkgsrc directory and
then do a "cvs update -dP". This will recreate distfiles/ and packages/.

If that helps, your CVS metadata directories contain some garbage. To
find out, just compare them with the newly created ones.

Then you can move all files from the saved directories into the newly
created ones.

Roland