Subject: Darwin: possible patch for cups?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Davide Zanon <d.zanon@infinito.it>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/11/2005 15:55:31
Hi!
I'm using Darwin/ppc 8.0.1 (pure Darwin, not OS X) and I've finally managed to
build x11/qt3-tools using some very dirty tricks (it would be nice to have it
building by default...) and now I'm trying to build kdelibs3. I did

setenv PKG_OPTIONS.kdelibs cups

so that it would install cups support, too. cups is already installed in the
base system, but pkgsrc obviously doesn't know that, so it tries to build its
own version. There's nothing wrong with that, but it fails at backend/usb.c
because of an

#include <ApplicationServices/ApplicationsServices.h>

I'm not sure about this, but it seems to me this header file is only provided
with Apple's OS X, so cups will never build here. The funny thing is that
commenting out that line in backed/usb.c and backend/usb-darwin.c makes
everything compile. So should there be a Darwin-specific pkgsrc patch to
remove this line?

Another question :)
If I liked to use the already-installed cups, would there have been something
to tell pkgsrc where it could be found?

Thank you all :)

david