Subject: Darwin *.dylib links in x11-links (was: x11-links for native X.org?)
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/10/2005 11:01:52
On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 05:59:49PM +1000, grant beattie wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 08:33:57AM +0200, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
>
> > lib/libX11.so
> > lib/libX11.so.6
> > lib/libX11.so.6.1
> > lib/libX11.so.6.2
> > lib/libX11.dylib
> > lib/libX11.6.dylib
> > lib/libX11.6.1.dylib
> > lib/libX11.6.2.dylib
> >
> > Btw, what are these *.dylib files?
>
> .dylib are Darwin/Mach-O shared libraries.

Aha. Hmm, which .dylib links are needed. Is it enough to have the one
without an version or do we need to have the major and/or minor ones
too?

Someone should document it, because I don't use that so I don't know
which links needs to be added just for Darwin.

> x11-links contains all possible files, ie. files that don't
> exist are ignored.

I know that part, but as I said above I didn't know about the Darwin only
thing.

Btw, we should rework how x11-links works, so we don't need to update x11-links
everytime a new library or version of it appears.

Why don't we just link lib and include from /usr/X11R6 to /usr/pkg/share/x11-links?

Bernd