Subject: Re: x11-links for native X.org?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/07/2005 14:50:49
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Or maybe all the Xorg add-ons should just be added to the xfree.mk
> because files will be skipped if not installed.

No, this is not true if USE_XPKGWEDGE=no -- if you install various X11
packages via binary packages, then do a "make install" in
pkgtools/x11-links, it will misdetect those bits that aren't really part
of the native X11.

> Can someone test the above work-around with XFree86 as native /usr/X11R6?
>
> If okay, I will just add the needed X.org parts to the x11-links/xfree.mk.

Please create a separate x11-links/xorg.mk file and include the bits for
X.org.

In any case, all of this should just be trashed, and native XFree86 and
X.org installations should eventually be made to use the buildlink3.mk
files from XFree86-libs and xorg-libs.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>