Subject: x11-links for native X.org?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/07/2005 11:24:50
I have X.org under /usr/X11R6 and using native x11-links failed when
building gtk2 and also qt3-tools:

   ld: cannot find -lXfixes

IS_BUILTIN.Xfixes and USE_BUILTIN.Xfixes are both "yes"; and PREFER.Xfixes
is "native". So I looked closer:

work/.buildlink/.buildlink_Xfixes_done was empty. Also zero bytes are
work/.buildlink/.buildlink_fixesext_done and
work/.buildlink/.buildlink_xextensions_done

As a work-around, I added .include "../../x11/Xfixes/buildlink3.mk" to the
pkgtools/x11-links/xfree.mk file and then added a
pkgtools/x11-links/files/xfree.Xfixes file:

# $NetBSD$
#
include/X11/extensions/Xfixes.h
lib/libXfixes.a
lib/libXfixes.so
lib/libXfixes.so.3
lib/libXfixes.so.3.0

(Maybe probably should add lib/libXfixes.3.dylib and
lib/libXfixes.3.0.dylib and lib/libXfixes.dylib but didn't test myself.)

I reinstalled the x11-links after change.

Anyways, has anyone worked on adding native Xorg support for x11-links?

Probably checking for ${X11BASE}/lib/X11/config/xorgversion.def could be
used for using a xorg.mk (to be done).

Or maybe all the Xorg add-ons should just be added to the xfree.mk because
files will be skipped if not installed.

Can someone test the above work-around with XFree86 as native /usr/X11R6?

If okay, I will just add the needed X.org parts to the x11-links/xfree.mk.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/