Subject: problem installing php4-xslt from pkgsrc
To: NetBSD tech-pkg <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Cates <robert@kormar.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/05/2005 22:52:39
Hi,

I can't seem to install the php4-xslt extension, even though Sablotron and
iconv are installed.  Any ideas how I can get this to build/install?
Following is the error I get from the 'make' process.  I've had a look at
both config.log and .work.log, but they don't tell me anything.

checking for gawk... /usr/bin/awk
checking whether to enable xslt support... yes, shared
checking for XSLT Sablotron backend... /usr/pkg
checking for libexpat dir for Sablotron XSL support... /usr/pkg
checking for iconv dir for Sablotron XSL support... no
checking for JavaScript for Sablotron XSL support... no
checking for sablot-config... found
checking for Sablotron version... >= 0.96
configure: error: iconv not found. To build sablotron you need the iconv
library.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/php4-xslt
===>
===> There was an error during the ``configure'' phase.
===> Please investigate the following for more information:
===>      * config.log
===>      * /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/php4-xslt/work/.work.log
===>
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/php4-xslt

Thanks much!
Robert