Subject: possible broken packages and need i386 binaries for 2.0.2 (was Re:
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/01/2005 14:03:36
> > I am guessing all binary packages that should use this functionality since
> > February are broken.

Using binary packages from the ftp.NetBSD.org server for 2.0 i386.

I use pkg_add to install "apache" but got apache-2 which I did not want.
(But that is another issue.) So I pkg_deleted apache, apr and expat.

I used pkg_add to then install apache-1.3.33nb3. (These binary packages

And it said:

Installing files needed by instmp.01332b:

        /usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf already exists.

        /usr/pkg/etc/httpd/magic already exists.

        /usr/pkg/etc/httpd/mime.types already exists.

This was on a brand new NetBSD 2.0.2 system.

The binary packages are broken!

See my PR #30347
 http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=30347

I assume many other binary packages we host are broken too.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/