Subject: Re: SSLBASE is not consistent
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/01/2005 10:21:31
--/Uq4LBwYP4y1W6pO

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 04:47:53PM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
>=20
> thanks for a simple explanation. It seems to work fine.=20
>=20
> Is there a canonical list of things which pkgsrc prefers builtin for?

make show-var VARNAME=3DPREFER_PKGSRC

But in any case, it can depends on various factors:  for some packages,
the built-in won't be "good enough", thus the pkgsrc version will be
picked.

You can set PREFER_NATIVE to "no" if you always want the pkgsrc
version of any package.  On my Linux systems, I do:

PREFER_PKGSRC=3Dyes
PREFER_NATIVE=3Dno

--=20

--/Uq4LBwYP4y1W6pO