Subject: Re: SSLBASE is not consistent
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/01/2005 09:00:00
--H1spWtNR+x+ondvy

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 03:28:04PM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
> I am on RH EL3. I have openssl in the base OS /usr paths. I have
> installed pkgsrc openssl. But this doesn't seem to be picked up by
> packages which have ../../security/openssl/buildlink3.mk=20

Yes, because pkgsrc, by default, prefers the openssl in your base
system.

> Across pkgsrc, SSLBASE varies depending which directory you are in.

I doubt any package request specifically the pkgsrc version of openssl,
so you'll only be seeing a difference when you're in security/openssl:
when you're installing pkgsrc's openssl, of course, SSLBASE won't be
the one of the version in the base system.

[...]
> but with all due respect to the pkgsrc experts, I can't see how this
> state is valid. If I install openssl (and I have) and it sees SSLBASE
> as being /opt, then surely the same holds for any package which has
> ../../security/openssl/buildlink3.mk in it?

Having it installed doesn't mean it will be used by pkgsrc.

Setting USE_BUILTIN.openssl=3DNO in mk.conf will produce what you want
to happen.

--=20

--H1spWtNR+x+ondvy

--H1spWtNR+x+ondvy--