Subject: Re: Interix trouble
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Tritthardt?= <Juergen.Tritthart@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/30/2005 16:29:12

--23387734-6325-1120163342=:2572

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Jürgen Tritthardt wrote:

> I tried to get pkgsrc running on Windows XP with SFU 3.5.
> I installed all components reconmended by README.Interix, untared the current
> pkgsrc.tar and did a ./bootstrap without error.
> Then I tried building bash2 with the following result:
>
> "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk", line 220: Could not find bsd.own.mk
> Unknown modifier 'O'

Don't run "make"; you need to run "bmake" (in /usr/pkg/bin/bmake).

The /usr/bin/make shipped with Interix is a BSD make, but it's much older
than NetBSD's make and does not support most features needed by pkgsrc.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>
--23387734-6325-1120163342=:2572--