Subject: Re: apr update
To: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@in-nomine.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/29/2005 13:12:02
On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

> Thanks, latest is up at http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/pkgsrc/apr.diff
> for those who want to review.
>
> Do note that I need answers to my apache questions since the entire APR
> thing is an ABI maintenance issue which needs to be carefully worked out,
> lest we desire breakage in some packages. ;)

Your work and diligence is greatly appreciated.

One thing to note is that some developers who work on specific packages or
specific areas may overlook mails targeted to them on the tech-pkg list
(due to a lot of emails or not being subscribed).

You may want to carbon copy or email the developers (epg and tron)
directly that may be effected or have valuable feedback. And/or use
send-pr also.

Also, is there any reason to keep apache 2.0.x around when we update to
new Apache 2.1? Are there three branches of "stable official release"
Apache HTTPD development now?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 Media Relations and Publishing Services
	  	 	 http://www.reedmedia.net/