Subject: Re: make update
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Cates <robert@kormar.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/23/2005 12:45:42
Hi,

I've been wondering about 'make update' as well.  It's not clear to me, but
it seems to be you would use this command to update most if not all of the
packages you have installed.  In other words, I had KDE 3.4.0 installed, and
I'm now running 'make update' from /usr/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/kde3/ and it's
building dependency packages and who knows what all else.  I don't know if
it's broken (I hope not), but I do agree with you that the order and the way
in which it works should be looked at.

-Robert