Subject: proftpd errors
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Justin Newcomer <liquidice5@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/22/2005 17:24:51
Just a comment, when I install proftpd I have to add a line to my
rc.local that says
"mkdir /var/run/proftpd/"

because proftpd is compiled in such a way that it puts its pid /
scorefile / sock file in that directory, and netBSD deletes the entire
/var/run folder at boot time

if that folder is not there, you will get errors when your try to connect
Jun 22 17:13:22 seele proftpd[2639]: notice: unable to listen to local
socket: No such file or directory
Jun 22 17:13:22 seele proftpd[2639]: seele - error opening scoreboard:
No such file or directory

not sure if this is a package issue?

my proftpd.conf file

ServerName=09=09=09"ProFTPD Default Installation"
ServerType=09=09=09inetd
DefaultServer=09=09=09on

# Port 21 is the standard FTP port.
Port=09=09=09=0921

# Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new dirs and files
# from being group and world writable.
Umask=09=09=09=09022

MaxInstances 30

# Set the user and group under which the server will run.
User=09=09=09=09nobody
Group=09=09=09=09nogroup

# Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.
AllowOverwrite=09=09on

# Bar use of SITE CHMOD by default
<Limit SITE_CHMOD>
  DenyAll
</Limit>

<Global>
RootLogin off
UseFtpUsers on
DefaultRoot ~
</Global>
UseReverseDNS on

I had diagnosed it on my other system a while back, and since the
exact same error occured on this new machine, I figure its worth
noting