Subject: Re: Port of pkgsrc to nextstep?
To: None <Matt.VanDeWerken@csiro.au>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/18/2005 16:21:40
> Hi all:
>
> I have an old HP 712 on which I run nextstep 3.3 (don't ask...).
> However, it would be really nice to be able to run some up to date
> packages on this system (like new-ish gcc and bash); I was wondering
> firstly if anyone has done any work porting pkgsrc to this type of
> system (or even nextstep of any arch), and if not, how hard it is to
> port pkgsrc to something like that?

can you compile, separately, stuff like gcc, gnu coreutlils, gnu make,
gnu bash? Does your OS support shared libs?

If so, there's a good chance you can get pkgsrc up and running as well.
Should not be much harder than IRIX 5 :-)

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 georg.schwarz@freenet.de  +49 178 8545053