Subject: Re: Some more GNOME 1 candidates for removal
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/15/2005 16:10:40
On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 15:38 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 12:31:23PM +0200, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> > To create the list I've grepped for all the packages depending on
> > gnome-libs.  Then, I examined them one by one, removing the ones that
> > are needed for gnucash, and others that are not dead but should be
> > updated to their respective GNOME 2 versions (such as mrproject).
>
> Could you please note for which of these gnome2 versions are available?

For the ones listed below, there are no gnome2 versions at all, and the
projects seem to be just dead.  (Many of them even have notes in their
home pages saying so, or these are not available any more.)

The ones that have gnome2 versions (form my original list) are mrproject
and grig.

> > The list of packages is:
> >
> > 	archivers/cxunzip
> > 	audio/gdcd
> > 	audio/yamt
> > 	devel/gscope
> > 	finance/emma
> > 	finance/gnofin
> > 	games/copter-commander
> > 	games/gtkgo
> > 	graphics/gnome-iconedit
> > 	mail/balsa
> > 	mail/evolution12
> > 	mail/spruce
> > 	math/guppi
> > 	misc/hitchhiker
> > 	net/gtksamba
> > 	wm/icewm-gnome
> > 	wm/sawfish
> > 	wm/sawfish-replibs
> > 	wm/sawfish-themes
> > 	x11/gdm1
> > 	x11/gnome-gkrellm
> > 	x11/rep-gtk (removing this one means removing sawfish*)
> >
> > Does anybody see any compelling reason to keep any of these?  (Not
> > "someone, somewhere may need it", please.)
> >
> > Could we do this cleanup before the branch is cut?
>
> I'd prefer if it happened after the branch, since then we can point
> people at this branch if they still need the package.

Good idea.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/