Subject: Port of pkgsrc to nextstep?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <Matt.VanDeWerken@csiro.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/15/2005 11:13:16
Hi all:

I have an old HP 712 on which I run nextstep 3.3 (don't ask...).
However, it would be really nice to be able to run some up to date
packages on this system (like new-ish gcc and bash); I was wondering
firstly if anyone has done any work porting pkgsrc to this type of
system (or even nextstep of any arch), and if not, how hard it is to
port pkgsrc to something like that?

Cheers,
Matthew van de Werken - Electronics Engineer
CSIRO E&M - Rock Mass Characterisation - 1 Technology Court - Pullenvale
- 4069
p: (07) 3327 4142 * f: (07) 3327 4455 * e: matt.vandewerken@csiro.au
"Pressure, I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt=20
up your arse, playing cricket is not"=20
- Cricketer and WWII Fighter Pilot Keith Miller (1919-2004)