Subject: Re: distcc-gtk (now depending on the original distcc)
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/14/2005 16:59:19
Here is, once again, a new package for distcc and distcc-gtk:

http://lori.mine.nu:5190/pkgsrc/distcc.tgz

This time, distcc's Makefile is again splitted into Makefile and
Makefile.common, so that distcc-gtk can use it.  distcc-gtk is an
additional package, which depends on distcc.

Still a few things:

* There is a little patch for the .desktop file in patches/.  How can I
  now also use the patches from ../distcc/patches/ ?  Maybe I should put
  the .desktop patch in ../distcc/patches/ as well, and then use
  PATCHDIR=../distcc/patches/ in distcc-gtk/Makefile ?

* I'm using a patch now, but this may become very dependant of distcc
  versions (i.e. may have to be changed for each new version of distcc).
  Maybe I should just use sed "s/-gnome/-gtk/" ?

* As this is a GTK package, not a Gnome package, does it need an icon
  and .desktop file at all??  If not, the package would consist of only
  the binary, and all the previous problems are not applicable anymore.

* distcc-gtk or distcc-gtk2?  There doesn't seem to be a general rule
  for this in pkgsrc...

Enough for now. :-)

GH

--