Subject: Re: distcc-gtk
To: Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/14/2005 09:44:25
On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 06:23:48PM -0400, Johnny Lam wrote:
> The goal here is to have as few conflicts as possible between packages.
>  Admittedly, it matters little for this package, since I don't think
> any packages actually have a run-time dependency on distcc, but the
> principle is still the same.

Ok, I'm with you now.  This way, binary packages depending on distcc (if
there would be any), would pull in distcc, leaving users the choice to
_additionally_ install distcc-gtk.  Otherwise, they would be forced to
use the one depended on by that binary package.

> In this case, I would rather we build it that way, but then have a
> special install target to only install the GTK+ bits in the distcc-gtk
> package.  This would prevent having distcc and distcc-gtk conflict
> with each other.

Ok, I'll look into that.

For now, I have modified my current package so that distcc-gtk also
uses distcc's FILESDIR and PATCHDIR (just wanted to have done that).
So this package should be fully working:

http://lori.mine.nu:5190/pkgsrc/distcc-gtk.tgz .

GH

--
:wq