Subject: Re: x11/xextensions buildlink
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: Dieter Roelants <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/13/2005 06:45:29
[ sorry for my slow response time ]

On 06/07/05 23:15:54, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> I wanted to ask: Why do you want the x11/xextension package
> installed?

Because I got an error from comositeext saying that I needed it.

> > XFree86 Version 4.4.0
>=20
> That version already comes with xextension, so pkgsrc should just
> use the one coming with it. What is the error you get?

Can't reproduce it now. In the meantime I found out that I didn't have =20
the xetc set installed. After that, everything builds fine. However =20
xextensions is still built as a dependency although it's only a build =20
time dependency. Is that wrong?

Kind regards
dieter