Subject: Re: tnftp build fails on MacOS X 10.3.9 (bootstrap)
To: John D. Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/11/2005 10:44:55
--8X7/QrJGcKSMr1RN

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 05:30:54PM -0500, John D. Baker wrote:
  | Okay, the issue is specifically with net/tnftp, which is built as part
  | of bootstrapping pkgsrc on Darwin/MacOS X (at least).  The configure
  | step is somehow not picking up the fact that MacOS X 10.3.9 has a
  | 'dirname()' function.
  |=20
  | I've worked around it by hacking the "net/tnftp/files/config.h.in"
  | file to explicitly:
  |=20
  |    #define HAVE_DIRNAME 1
  |=20
  | so it will persist when bootstrap/work/tnftp/config.h is created.
  |=20
  | With this hack in place, the bootstrap operation completes with no
  | further problems.

The configure script looks for dirname (in libgen, for example),
and if it's not found it does AC_REPLACE_FUNCS(dirname),
so I don't understand why the latter isn't providing it if the former
doesn't find it.

Does the configure output give any hints to what's going on?
What's the build error you're seeing?

--8X7/QrJGcKSMr1RN

--8X7/QrJGcKSMr1RN--