Subject: teTeX3-bin dependency on motif?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/07/2005 14:26:09
I filed PR #30277 a while ago: print/teTeX3-bin builds fine on a
pristine system, but the build breaks if x11/openmotif is installed.
xdvi is the problem.

It works fine if I add .include "../../mk/motif.buildlink3.mk" to the
pkg's Makefile, but some people wouldn't like openmotif being a
dependency of teTeX (at least Jeremy objected to this).

Then how should we handle this?

- Make openmotif a "conditional" dependency (as often done in FreeBSD's
  ports) ?  Use it if it's already there, don't use it if not.

- Modify the package so that it doesn't require openmotif at all?  The
  resulting xdvi is different then, and some may prefer the openmotif
  version.

- Tear xdvi out and make it a package on its own?  (so that teTeX can be
  without openmotif)

GH

--
:wq