Subject: Re: xdm rc.d script for xorg?
To: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/05/2005 14:47:35
--DNkN4mkbZBLvViAv

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 11:32:13AM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> There is no rc.d script for xdm from xorg.  The one from xf86 in base
> works, with two modifications: point $command and $required_files to
> the right place.  How should we handle this?=20
>=20
> 1) add an  rc.d example script to the pkg (with the same or a
>    different name then?) =20

yes, it's needed for non-NetBSD systems anyway.  it should have
different name.

> 2) modify the existing /etc/rc.d/xdm such that it substitutes $command
>    and $required files, depending on a new variable in /etc/rc.conf, or
>    even $X11_TYPE from /etc/mk.conf? =20

our rc.d infrastructure already supports this out of the box.  just add
/etc/rc.conf.d/xdm file with custom $command and $required_files variables.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --

--DNkN4mkbZBLvViAv