Subject: Re: Documenting user-variables
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/04/2005 01:01:27
In article <1117834114.1683.64.camel@dawn.home.network> Julio wrote:
: idea I have is to create a new chapter, say 'Configuring pkgsrc', which
: documents all these and other variables.  Some of its sections could be:

: - General configuration (DISTDIR, PACKAGES, WRKOBJDIR, etc.).
: - Compiler settings (PKGSRC_COMPILER, CFLAGS, etc.).
: - Configuration files (PKG_SYSCONFBASE, PKG_SYSCONFDIR.foobar).
: - Security (ALLOW_VULNERABLE_PACKAGES, PKGVULNDIR).
: - Developer/advanced settings (IGNORE_RECOMMENDED, PKG_DEVELOPER, etc.).
: - pkginstall-related variables (PKG_REGISTER_SHELLS, PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS,
:   etc.).
: - Specific package options (the options framework from user's POV).
: - And a lot more, probably.

: How does this look?  Any better approach?

  Sounds good to me.  I'll write the section about the options
framework.  [Yes, I'm also updating the developer section on the
options framework.]

						yours,
						dillo