Subject: Re: unpriviledged build + parallel builds
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/03/2005 19:50:41
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>>  * how to create proper binary pkgs on "make package"?
>
> Installation should be done e.g. to $WRKDIR/.fake_dest
> similiar to what OpenBSD and most Linux distros do. The nice part is
> that it is already support for most packages, we would just have to
> sort out which don't support it.
>
> The real install step could become a pkg_add afterwards. This is also
> a much cleaner appraoch since it avoids the stale PLIST problem by not
> copying stuff which is not recorded in the PLIST.

If you get "make install" to effectifely be a "make (newstyle)package"
followed by a pkg_add of the binary pkg, I'll send you a crate of beer.
It's probably not that difficult, but noone ever did that, and I really
like the concept.

  - Hubert

--
Genervt von Viren und von Viren versandten Spam-Mails?  -> www.NetBSD.de