Subject: Re: Master sites randomization
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@apk.od.ua>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/03/2005 10:37:49
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:16:28 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:
>
> > But before doing this change, the ':Ox' feature must be integrated into
> > bootstrap/bmake, which is based on ancient bmake-3, which is dates from
> > Oct 2001.
>
> Correct.

So shall bootstrap use the more recent version? Or there are some
caveats here?

> > I can pullup the ':Ox' into this bmake version. Or possible someone is
> > working on updating it (say, after the pkgsrc freeze will be over)?
>
> This will need to be after the freeze is over.  This will likely require
> turning bootstrap/bmake into a real, registered package so that it can be
> replaced (and so that its version can be checked for compatibility with
> :Ox).
>
> Someone was talking about doing this conversion, but I forget who....

The pkgsrc already have it at devel/bmake maintained by the author
(Simon J. Gerraty). But this bmake requires devel/mk-files by
dependency, which IMHO should be installed vice versa (seems bmake can
be installed without that files at all, but mk-files are not operable
without bmake).

--
Mishka.