Subject: Re: Problems with DIALOG in ramdisk-small
To: Rob Bennett <rob_bennett@yahoo.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/03/2005 00:55:31
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Rob Bennett wrote:
> Is there a generic way to tell my compiler to build
> static files?

Read "info gcc" and the ld(1) manpage, search for "-static"
The error makes me wonder if you maybe lack some execution module for ELF
or so in the kernel, output of "file dialog" and "ldd dialog" would be
interesting. Curiously, it arose in the thread on tech-embed(?) as well,
but then it disappeared and I never heared of the "why". (It should'nt be
there in the first place - the error message you give seems that the
binary is ran as /bin/sh shell script, which of course breaks. It's the
kernel's job to include the ELF loader by default, to recognize, load &
run ELF binaries; I wouldn't know how to disable this easily though so
that you'd run into that)

  - Hubert

--
Genervt von Viren und von Viren versandten Spam-Mails?  -> www.NetBSD.de