Subject: Problems with DIALOG in ramdisk-small
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Bennett <rob_bennett@yahoo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/01/2005 04:50:32
Hi everyone,
I'm stuggling to figure out what is going on here.
I've compiled NetBSD 2.0.2 and also done DIALOG-0.6z
which works nicely in my fully laden NetBSD box. (i.e.
the one I compiled it on)
However, when I copy the dialog file to a lightweight
cdrom-boot ramdisk version of 2.0.2 (basically a
bootfloppy)
dialog gives me this error when I run it:
$ /bin/dialog
/bin/dialog: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

By way of a comparision, back on my "normal" box I
get:
# /usr/pkg/bin/dialog

dialog version 0.3, by Savio Lam (lan836@cs.cuhk.hk).
  patched to version 0.6c by Stuart Herber
(S.Herbert@shef.ac.uk)
  patched to version 0.6z by John Gatewood Ham
(zappaman@alphabox.buu.ac.th)
********

Am I missing something blindingly obvious about
compiling binaries and moving them between systems, or
is my environment in the cdrom boot not got enough of
"something" to allow dialog to run?  My guess is the
latter, but none of the documentation about dialog
seems to mention what it might need.

any pointers would be really appreciated.

regards,
Rob Bennett,
Southampton, UK

Discover Yahoo!